Thursday, August 5, 2010

customer appreciation

As a cashier in a shady area, I have seen and heard some messed up things that I would like to share. This blog is for all of those who are overqualified and underpaid in their part time jobs while waiting for their careers to start. In this situation, anything goes.

Before I start dating these, here are some gems from past shifts at my job:

customer: you're beautiful. how much?

customer looking at my name tag: so what do you call the other one?

customer: do you have any caustic soda? ya know, like if you put a guy in a bathtub and fill it with caustic soda he'll die? Not that that's what I want it for, obviously...

customer: don't scrunch that hat, its MY property
me: not yet
customer: I hope you like your job because this is the only job you'll ever get
me: actually i'm a teacher
customer: that's scary that they let you work with children

this brings us to today:

me: i can take you over here

customer (crusty bearded man with a smile): Here? Shouldn't we get a hotel room first?

No comments:

Post a Comment